The 2015 Major League Baseball season runs from April 5 to October 4 in the US. Our Spotlight lesson, Baseball: Simple Present Reading, introduces young learners to a boy who loves playing baseball.
Our Baseball lesson includes a short reading, comprehension questions, a word search puzzle for vocabulary practice, a grammar review of the simple present (affirmative statements, negative statements, and questions), and a group speaking activity. Your students will be comfortable forming simple present questions after this lesson!
All of the readings in our Library section have a digital component, so teachers and parents can choose how to present the reading and comprehension questions—either on paper or online!
Other simple present resources:
- Check out our blog for teaching tips (see Teaching the Simple Present) and an activity (see Daily Routines Game – Reviewing the Simple Present Tense).
- Our Simple Present – Be lesson has 15 pages about introductions and basic simple present sentences and questions.
- Try the audio and speaking practice on this handout: How to Introduce Yourself in English
- Try our fun Be Yourself Game.
- Our Grammar School has many simple present lessons that are broken down into categories like Do, Can, Be, and Wh-Questions. There are more than enough worksheets to practice in class and do for homework. We also have simple present lessons in the Q & A Review and Grammar Stories sections of the Grammar School.
- Our Library section lets students see the simple present in action. There are 17 simple present lessons in our Library – Present Simple Stories section. These lessons also include a digital component that students can do in class or at home.
- Our Conversation Station has two categories of simple present dialogues: Present Simple Dialogues 1 and 2. Each section has over 20 worksheets!
- Almost all of our Discovery Center lessons use the simple present. Students can see this tense in use as they read about topics that interest them such as animals, famous places, and food.
- Our Verbs & Prepositions section in our Word Bank has a nine-page lesson on Daily Routines. Perfect practice for repeated actions in the simple present!
Find this lesson in the Library – Present Simple Stories.
Purchase a subscription to access all our Young Learner resources at a low price today!