In, on, between, across from—many English language learners struggle with prepositions. Help is here! Our brand-new grammar lesson focuses on Prepositions of Place, and we’ve included fun illustrations of a living room and a kitchen to help students visualize each preposition.
This 13-page lesson starts off with a helpful Picture Dictionary so that students can easily understand what each preposition means. The Grammar Notes also provide helpful tips. A variety of exercises gives your learners plenty of practice, including matchup, drawing, multiple-choice, pair work, speaking, and writing tasks. By the end of this lesson, your students will have a solid understanding of the most common prepositions of place and related sentence patterns.
Find this lesson in the Grammar School – Basic Grammar Structures section.
- Prepositions: Vocabulary Lesson
- Prepositions: Flashcards
- Where Is Sprout? Games for Practicing Prepositions of Place
- How to Set the Table: Prepositions of Place Activity
- Where’s the Puppy? Preposition Practice for IN and ON
- Prepositions of Place & Giving Directions: Reading/Grammar Lesson
- The Living Room: Vocabulary Lesson
- The Kitchen: Vocabulary Lesson
Purchase a subscription to access all our Young Learner resources at a low price today!