This week’s Spotlight lesson is Back to School – Find the Objects. Kids are back to school this week in many countries, and we think this worksheet is a fun way to go over basic classroom vocabulary!
Have your young learners match the objects in the drawing to the vocabulary words. Being able to visualize the vocabulary on paper as they learn it should help them remember new words. Once they’ve finished matching the vocab, you can correct it as a class and demonstrate the pronunciation of the words. Then your kids can color the picture for fun! A good follow-up activity would be to have them walk around the class in pairs, saying each vocabulary word out loud as they find the object in the classroom. You could also have them explain what each object is used for.
Find this lesson in the Games Room – Paper Games.
Other Back to School materials:
- We Aren’t a Class, We Are a Community! 8 Ways to Get Children Excited about Learning with You
- The Essential Checklist for Using Technology with Young Learners This Year
- Are You Going to Set Back-to-School Goals with Your Kids?
- The Test – Simple Future Reading
- Guess Whose Goals – Future Tense Game
- Young at Heart! 15 Young Learner Blogs We Love
- Tell Me About It! 15+ Fun Apps and Tools to Get Children Speaking
- Article Review: Setting Goals
- 50+ Web Tools Language Learners and Teachers Should Have This School Year
- A Beautiful Beginning: 10+ Tips & Resources for Creating a Safe Classroom Environment
Other Present Progressive materials:
- Visualizing the Present Progressive Tense – Activity
- Simple Present Vs. Present Progressive – Grammar
- Teaching the Present Progressive – Grammar
- 14 Present Progressive Reading Lessons in our Library section
- 50 Present Progressive Dialogues in our Conversation Station section (Present Continuous Dialogues 1 and 2)
- Present Progressive Grammar Lessons in our Grammar School section (Basic Grammar Structures and Grammar Stories)
Purchase a subscription to access all our Young Learner resources at a low price today!