Are your young learners familiar with the past progressive? Show them this tense (also known as the past continuous) in context in our anti-bullying story about a fighter called Souljah31.
This lesson includes a short reading, comprehension questions, and grammar exercises. Students will learn how to use two past progressive verbs together in a sentence to emphasize continuing past actions. See our related resources below for examples of the past progressive with the simple past and more anti-bullying materials.
All of the readings in our Library section have a digital component (including audio), so teachers and parents can choose how to present the reading and comprehension questions—either on paper or online, as a reading or listening task.
- Simple Past Vs. Past Progressive: Grammar Tips
- Past Progressive Game: What Were You Doing?
- Writing: Using the Past Progressive to Create Atmosphere in a Story
- UFO Report: Past Progressive Reading
- February 1: Past Progressive Reading
- Is This Bullying? Question & Answer Activity
- Being Brave: Gerunds & Infinitives Lesson
Find this lesson in the Library – Past Continuous Stories.
Purchase a subscription to access all our Young Learner resources at a low price today!