Are you heading back to school this week? We’ve created a new lesson on Classroom Vocabulary to help your young learners feel more comfortable in class!
In this Word Bank lesson, students will learn the spelling and pronunciation of common objects in the classroom. They will practice this vocabulary through several fun, colorful activities, including a picture dictionary, matchup, word choice, word search, word scramble, and spelling bee. This lesson finishes up with discussion questions so that your students can practice using the vocab in context. You could choose to put students in pairs or groups for most of these activities—the more they get to know each other, the more comfortable they will feel!
The images in this lesson are also available as flashcards at the end of the lesson. Try these 9 ways to use cards and flashcards in class.
Other Back-to-School Resources:
- Classroom Vocabulary Worksheet
- Sprout English Lessons: Suggested Teaching Order
- We Aren’t a Class, We Are a Community! 8 Ways to Get Children Excited about Learning with You!
- Are You Going to Set Back-to-School Goals with Your Kids?
- How to Introduce Yourself in English
- The Essential Checklist for Using Technology with Young Learners This Year
- Back-to-School Lost and Found Challenge
- 6 Ways to Get Kids to Express Themselves in English Outside the Classroom
Find this lesson in the Word Bank - School & Jobs.
Purchase a subscription to access all our Young Learner resources at a low price today!