Are you heading back to school? It’s a good time of year to review School Subjects!
This Word Bank lesson starts off with a colorful picture dictionary of common school subjects. This is followed by vocabulary review activities including a matchup, word choice, word search, word scramble, and spelling bee. Students finish up the lesson with discussion questions to practice using the new words in context.
The images in this lesson are also available as flashcards at the end of the lesson. Try these 9 ways to use cards and flashcards in class.
Other Back-to-School Resources:
- Classroom Vocabulary Lesson
- Classroom Vocabulary Worksheet
- Sprout English Lessons: Suggested Teaching Order
- We Aren’t a Class, We Are a Community! 8 Ways to Get Children Excited about Learning with You!
- Are You Going to Set Back-to-School Goals with Your Kids?
- How to Introduce Yourself in English
- The Essential Checklist for Using Technology with Young Learners This Year
- Back-to-School Lost and Found Challenge
Find this lesson in the Word Bank – School & Jobs.
Purchase a subscription to access all our Young Learner resources at a low price today!