In this Word Bank lesson, students will learn the spelling and pronunciation of common school subjects. They will practice this vocabulary through several fun, colorful activities, including a picture dictionary, matchup, word choice, word search, word scramble, and spelling bee. This lesson finishes up with discussion questions so that your students can practice using the new words in context.
The images in this lesson are also available as flashcards at the end of the lesson. Try these 9 ways to use cards and flashcards in class.
Other Back-to-School Resources:
- Classroom Vocabulary Lesson
- Classroom Vocabulary Worksheet
- Sprout English Lessons: Suggested Teaching Order
- We Aren’t a Class, We Are a Community! 8 Ways to Get Children Excited about Learning with You!
- Are You Going to Set Back-to-School Goals with Your Kids?
- How to Introduce Yourself in English
- The Essential Checklist for Using Technology with Young Learners This Year
- Back-to-School Lost and Found Challenge
- 6 Ways to Get Kids to Express Themselves in English Outside the Classroom
Find this lesson in the Word Bank – School & Jobs.
Purchase a subscription to access all our Young Learner resources at a low price today!