Join Erica as she makes a movie about her family in this week’s Spotlight lesson, Erica’s Movie. Your students will see the present progressive in context, and they will compare this tense with the simple present in the follow-up tasks.
This lesson includes a short reading, comprehension questions, a sentence scramble, a word search puzzle for vocabulary practice, an interview role-play, and a group discussion activity. The interview and discussion tasks include both simple present and present progressive questions.
All of the readings in our Library section have a digital component, so teachers and parents can choose how to present the reading and comprehension questions—either on paper or online!
- Present Progressive: Grammar Lesson
- Simple Present Vs. Present Progressive: Grammar & Teaching Tips
- Simple Present Vs. Present Progressive: Grammar Worksheet
- Film It! Tips for Getting Children to Be Directors
- Act It Out: Present Progressive Practice
- Movie Poster Activity: Practicing the Simple Present & Present Progressive
- 6 Steps for Conducting an Interview in English
- Extra! Extra! 16 Web Tools & Apps for Kids to Learn with the News
Find this lesson in the Library – Present Continuous Stories.
Purchase a subscription to access all our Young Learner resources at a low price today!