Students of English learn to add -s to nouns to form the plural early on, but English has many irregular plural forms that can trip students up. Help is here—our NEW Regular & Irregular Plural Nouns lesson has charts and exercises that provide plenty of practice for common irregular plurals in English!
This 9-page lessons starts off with helpful grammar explanations and lists of common regular and irregular plural nouns. Students can then practice regular plural forms in the first grammar exercise and irregular plural forms in the second. After that, students must complete a few exercises that mix regular and irregular forms to ensure they have a good grasp of irregular plurals. The lesson wraps up with a discussion activity so that learners get the chance to use the plural form orally.
- Regular and Irregular Plural Nouns Game: Change Your Socks!
- Articles: Grammar lesson
- Articles Chart: A, An, The
- Shopping Week: Practicing Articles
- There Is / There Are: Grammar Lesson
- There Is or There Are for Nouns in a Series?
- There Is / There Are Pair Activity: There’s No Place Like Home
Find this lesson in the Grammar School – Basic Grammar Structures.
Purchase a subscription to access all our Young Learner resources at a low price today!