Getting ready to go back to school? This week’s Spotlight lesson, The Test, features a dialogue between two friends about typical school subject: exams! It’s a great lesson to use at the beginning of a new school year. Students can practice the simple future using be + Ving and be going to + V, both of which are natural to use when planning out goals for the year.
This lesson includes a short reading, comprehension questions, a be going to grammar chart, sentence puzzles, and a group discussion activity.
All of the readings in our Library section have a digital component, so teachers and parents can choose how to present the reading and comprehension questions—either on paper or online!
Sprout English has many simple future resources:
- 7 simple future stories in our Library
- 14 simple future dialogues in our Conversation Station
- 3 simple future lessons in our Grammar School (in the Basic Grammar Structures and Grammar Stories sections)
- Teaching the Simple Future: 3 Forms, a blog post from our editor, Tanya Trusler
- Guess Whose Goals – Future Tense Guessing Game, a blog post from our writer, Tara Benwell
- Also, check out this amazing list of web tools for back to school over on our sister site: 50+ Web Tools Language Learners and Teachers Should Have This School Year by guest blogger Shelly Terrell
Find this lesson in the Library – Simple Future Stories.
Purchase a subscription to access all our Young Learner resources at a low price today!