This week’s Spotlight lesson, Cathy and Nate, includes two stories about young love. Cathy’s story uses the simple present, present progressive, simple past, and simple future tenses in context, while Nate’s story focuses on the modal “must.”
This lesson includes two readings with audio, comprehension questions, a word search puzzle, a grammar review on “must,” and a Q&A activity that reviews five common tenses. Exercises with mixed tenses demonstrate if students truly understand when to use each tense.
All of the readings in our Library section have a digital component, so teachers and parents can choose how to present the reading and comprehension questions—either on paper or online!
- our comprehensive 17-page simple future grammar lesson
- 7 simple future stories in our Library
- 14 simple future dialogues in our Conversation Station
- 3 simple future lessons in our Grammar School (in the Fun Grammar Lessons and Fun Grammar Stories sections)
- Teaching the Simple Future: 3 Forms
- Simple Future Vs. Future Progressive
- Guess Whose Goals – Future Tense Guessing Game
Find this lesson in the Library – Simple Future Stories.
Purchase a subscription to access all our Young Learner resources at a low price today!